RetroPie Web Gui is for managing your roms in RetroPie in a friendly, easy-to-use web interface.
- Apache is required. Install it by running the following command
sudo apt-get install apache2
- PHP is required. Install it by running the following command
sudo apt-get install php
- Install RetroPie Web GUI by typing the following commands
cd /var/www/html/. See troubleshooting for help***
- Now type
git clone https://github.com/gwhitcher/RetroPie-Web-GUI.git
- Set up a symbolic link to your roms. If you are using the precompiled RetroPie then you run
ln -s /home/pi/RetroPie/roms /var/www/home/RetroPie-Web-GUI/roms.
hostnameto get your current hostname. Enter this in any browser on your network to view the RetroPie GUI!
- If you are having trouble writing to the /var/www/html/ directory you may have to fix permissions. Type the following command to set the permissions
sudo chown USERNAME:USERGROUP /var/www/html/. For instance, if you are using the precompiled RetroPie then you run
sudo chown pi:pi /var/www/html/
- Since your Raspberry Pi web ports are closed I did not bother adding security. If you would like to open your web ports or are worried someone locally could destroy your roms, adding a .htpasswd is suggested. You can do this here: Dynamic Drive .htpasswd Generator