RetroPie Web GUI
RetroPie Web Gui is for managing your roms in RetroPie in a nice web interface.
- Apache is required. Install it by running the following command
sudo apt-get install apache2
- PHP is required. Install it by running the following command
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-mcrypt
- Install RetroPie Web GUI by typing the following commands
cd /var/www/html/. See troubleshooting for help***
- Now type git clone https://github.com/gwhitcher/RetroPie-Web-GUI.git
- Setup a symbolic link to your roms. If you are using the precompiled RetroPie then you run
ln -s /home/pi/RetroPie/roms /var/www/home/RetroPie-Web-GUI/roms.
- If you are having trouble writing to the /var/www/html/ folder you may have to fix permissions. Type the following command to fix the permissions
sudo chown USERNAME:USERGROUP /var/www/html/. For instance if you are using the precompiled RetroPie then you run
sudo chown pi:pi /var/www/html/
- As I assumed your Raspberry Pi web ports would be closed I did not bother adding security. If you would like you open your web ports or are worried someone locally could destroy your roms then adding a .htpasswd is suggest. You can do this here: Dynamic Drive .htpasswd Generator